Friday, October 1, 2010

The trip thus far...

4 days of riding in the books. The trip has been great so far. I have experienced/seen so many knew things and people that it's hard to write all of them. Going into the trip we wanted to spread the message of Christ with people and wanted to be a blessing any way we could. One thing that has caught me by surprise is how many people are coming up to us. I guess we LOOK the part of "real" bicycle riders with the truck decaled up and the matching uniforms. It has been unique each day how we have met someone that's helped us out along our trip.
The first day we met a guy named MOJO at a local coffee shop where we stopped and ate lunch. I talked to him about our trip and he rode with us for about 40 miles and helped us get to our destination. I can honestly say there would have been NO WAY we would have found some of the roads we were suppose to follow without his help.
The second day we met a guy at a gas station that came up to us and started talking to us and asking us about our trip. He gave us directions through the next town. About an hour later we went through that town and he happened to get stopped at the stop light right there as we were passing through and yelled out the window.."CROSSOVER!!". That sent chills up my spine.
This morning before we left I met a guy that told us about the roads and what to expect along our ride for the day.
The thing I have been learning the most is that God is sovereign. He knows exactly what you need when you need it.

Below is a view of the ride we did for "Day 4". It went from Carson City, NV to Fallon, NV. This print-out shows Elevation (bottom), My heart rate, and distance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment